Habitat Creations are the native plant management specialists. We grow, install and maintain native plants for revegetation and environmental restoration projects and provide a range of land conservation and management related services including:
- Integrated weed management incorporating a sensitive approach to chemical use (low and high volume herbicide application), physical removal and implementation of biological controls where possible;
- Pest animal control (rabbit and fox baiting and warren and den destruction);
- Revegetation (planting, tree guard installation, mulching and direct seeding);
- Soft landscaping including constructed wetlands, streetscapes and public reserves;
- Environmental planning services including Vegetation Quality Assessment (habitat hectare method), Planning Permit applications involving native vegetation removal, Offset Management, Landscape Plans and Waterway Management Plans.
A majority of our work is carried out on public land including parks, bushland reserves, waterways and roadside reserves for State and Local Government authorities. We also undertake various tasks for private organisations and landowners, particularly in new residential developments where we are able to implement our expertise in wetland construction.
Complementing our field work, we have two nurseries located in Gippsland with the ability to produce up to 1,000,000 high quality indigenous terrestrial, riparian & wetland aquatic plants annually. The plants we grow are used in our own projects as well as being supplied to clients including Water and Catchment Management Authorities, State and Local Government and other contractors. Our dedicated nursery team also have proven experience in species identification and seed collection.